A warm welcome awaits you at this traditional former toll cottage; offering all the warmth and charm of a bygone era. With outstanding views to the surrounding countryside and just a five minute walk from Kirkby Stephen Town Centre. This location offers both convenience and a truly relaxing and peaceful stay.
The property has all the character and ambience one would expect from a period property; with beams, flagged floors and beautifully crafted bespoke features. Guests are warmly welcomed with refreshments on arrival. Served in the cosy, beamed guest lounge, complete with wood burning stove and spectacular views of the surrounding country side, including the iconic Nine Standards Rigg.
A small friendly family run “Home from Home”, where each guest is individually cared for. We pride ourselves in making your stay a relaxing and enjoyable one.
Reasons to Stay!
- Traditional Cumbrian Toll Cottage with unique character and history
- Open aspect with amazing views
- Located in Kirkby Stephen -The alternate C2C route (through Ewbank Scar) runs directly from the cottage
- Convenient location for Lady Anne’s Way-and lots of other walks and cycle rides
- Very quiet location, yet within easy walking distance to all the local amenities.
- Large cosy guest lounge complete with wood burner for those cooler days.
- Welcomed with Tea/Coffee and Cake on arrival
- Large selection of books and maps of the local area.
- Guest dining room
- A huge selection of complimentary herbal teas, fruit teas, coffee and fresh milk available throughout your stay, from the drinks station in the dining room.
- Use of a guest fridge.
- 3 delightful bedrooms with individual period décor.
- Beautiful -En-suites.
- Toiletries and fluffy towels
- Hair dryer and foot spa.
- Drinks tray in room
- Full Cumbrian Breakfast
- All dietary needs catered for; Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescatarian, Gluten free, Lactose intolerant . Just let us know and we will endeavor to cater for your needs.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout.
- Secure bike store and bike washing facilities.
- Boot washing facility
- Walking boots and coats dried for the next day.
- Limited off road parking by arrangement.
- Laundry service available (surcharge).
- Packed Lunches (surcharge)
- Knowledgeable and friendly hosts who enjoy the great outdoors…. and know what guests need.
Looking forward to welcoming you .
Check in is between 4.00pm-6.00pm when you will be warmly greeted with refreshments. An earlier check in can be arranged with prior notice but there is usually a £10 per room surcharge for this .
Check out is 10am
Breakfast is available from 7:30am